IRS Releases 2023 HSA Contribution Limits and HDHP Deductible and Out-of-Pocket Limits
May 2nd, 2022 by Thomas Harte
With the delivery of the IRS Revenue Ruling 2022-24, contributions toward health savings accounts (HSAs) for CY 2022 will increase for plan participants.
- Maximum HSA Contributions:
- Single: $3,850 (up from $3,650 in 2022)
- Family: $7,750 (up from $7,300)
- Minimum Deductible to qualify an HDHP as eligible for HSA Contributions (no changes from 2018):
- Single: $1,500 (up from $1,400)
- Family: $3,000 (up from $2,800)
- Maximum Out of Pocket Expense:
- Single: $7,500 (up from $7,050)
- Family: $15,000 (up from $14,100)
- Catch up Contributions: $1,000 for those over the age of 55
For any questions regarding Health Savings Accounts, please contact one of the experts at Landmark Benefits.